Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge

A friend of mine recently sent me the link to a blog called The Grocery Cart Challenge It is put together by a frugal mom named Gayle who stays on budget by spending $60 or less a week on groceries. She does this with 4 children and a husband to feed. It is exciting to see that people can stay on budget and give tips and hints for others who may have some of the same challenges budget wise. With Hubby going back to school this past year our family has had to take a hit in the grocery department. We definitely drink less milk and eat a lot less cold cereal. I have had to rethink my groceries and really plan menus and grocery shopping. I have cut out a lot of junk that we really didn't need anyway and replaced them with healthier snacks that don't break the bank. It is amazing how much food people can waste when they are not paying attention. Next week I'm going to take the challenge. I'll see if I can get a weeks worth of groceries in under $60. I'll let you know how I did and post the items and prices for anyone who is curious to see not only how I did but what I did. Stay tuned... and If you would like to check out Gayle and her frugal ways just click on her link above.. she does an incredible job and has a lot of tips and tricks that you may be interested in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice!
Visit us for targeted and pocket friendly marketing Experma Technologies