Friday, November 21, 2008

Cranberry Raspberry Sauce

I have never been a big fan of Cranberries. Maybe I'm getting older and my tastes have changed or I actually found a cranberry recipe that is absolutely heavenly. This recipe came from a Best of Betty Crocker Cookbook from years ago. I found it while looking for an alternative to the regular cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving at my in-laws house a few years ago. Now it is a staple for Turkey and pork dinners. The sweet taste of Raspberries and the tart cranberry mix is fantastic.


Cranberry Raspberry Sauce

10 oz pkg frozen raspberries
(thaw, drain & keep liquid)

set aside

In sauce pan mix together

1/3 cup brown sugar
1TBS corn starch
1/4 tsp ground allspice

add

raspberry liquid
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups fresh cranberries

cook on medium at low boil for 2 minutes.

Take off heat and mash lightly with potato masher to break up cranberries.

add

raspberries
1/2 cup crushed pecans

cool 5 minutes and serve

Can be made ahead of time and stored up to a week in refrigerator in airtight container.

No comments: