Sunday, January 13, 2008

Banana Bread

This recipe comes to us from my brother-in-laws sister, Katarina Felsted. Everyone has their favorite banana bread recipe and so did I. For years I used the same recipe and didn't worry too much because I am not usually a banana bread lover... Until now. Just recently I added this one to the golden book of beloved recipes. This recipe makes for loaves so moist and so delicious that it just melts in your mouth. I'm not exaggerating. We actually find reasons to let our bananas go brown just so we can make this recipe. Thanks Kat!
..

Banana Bread
...
mix-------1 cup sugar
...............1/3 cup butter (softened)
..
Stir in-----2 eggs
..
Add-------1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (3 or 4)
................1/3 cup water
..
Beat 30 seconds
..
Stir in-----1 2/3 cup flour
.................1 tsp baking soda
.................1/2 tsp salt
.................1/4 tsp baking powder
..
Mix just until blended
..
Finally add-1/2 cup chopped nuts
..
Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake 350* until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (about 45-50 minutes). Tops will be quite brown.
..
..
*** just a note- I usually use 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour in this recipe. It is delicious either way. ENJOY!

1 comment: